It doesn’t matter how engaged and enthusiastic about your job you are, the majority of us will sometimes get that morning feeling when we need an additional boost to motivate ourselves. If I wake up with ‘that feeling’ when the weather outside is miserable, here’s how I manage to make the mornings feel that little bit better.
- Have the right mind set – this gives you the ability to constantly learn, provide the right level of service and show off your talents!
- Think positively “This is going to be a good day” – you have to work hard to get to where you want to be in life and doing this with a positive attitude makes hard work a whole lot easier!
- Maybe go for quick run – did you know that if you ran 12 miles a day for 2075 days, you would have clocked-up 24.900 miles – equivalent to the size of the earth? Better get going – it’s a great way of giving yourself a little space to think too!
- Grab a cold shower – this will give you plenty of energy for the day – try it! Once you’ve finished your normal cleaning ritual, turn the nozzle as cold as it goes for 30 seconds!
- Put your favourite music on to get your spirits up – my personal favourite is Westlife’s “World of our own” – why not give it a listen?
- Make you hair look fab – everyone feels good with great hair!
- Make sure your uniform is neatly pressed – first impressions are the most important!
- Wear light perfume or aftershave – for me, perfume is part of getting dressed. It has the power to shift my mood, make me feel more confident, and is definitely an accessory!
- Show your dazzling smile – it’s contagious and it’s national smile month after all!
Colleen Burke is a Customer Liaison Officer for Mitie Client Services